Friday, March 28, 2008

To Ecuador!

In case anyone was sitting on the edge of their seat waiting to hear what I'm going to do, I've made my decision. Next September I'll be moving to Ecuador to teach English for 10 months or so. It wasn't an easy thing to do, and I feel that I'll always wonder what could have been if I'd lived in Spain. Life is about hard choices, and this was no exception.

I don't yet know where I'll be living or in what capacity I'll be doing the teaching, but I do know that over the course of the summer I'll have to take some teaching courses at a local college, as well as work to the bone to save up the money to go.

As a general rule I try not to get excited about traveling somewhere until I've arrived, but I'm actually excited when I think about living in South America. It's something totally different and new, and I'm sure the challenges I face will change me--hopefully for the better.

On another note, I've finished writing my Uruguay article for GoNOMAD and will post a link to the article as soon as it goes live.

No comments: