Monday, December 22, 2008

Another Notch in the Belt

I've been losing a lot of weight since I've been in Ecuador. It could be for several reasons. First, we're at higher altitude, so I'm getting more exercise just walking around. Second, the diet here is different. I eat plenty of food, usually three squares a day. But the food is different. It isn't all processed and is actually pretty fresh and natural, for the most part. I'm not exactly sure what is in it, but I can tell that it's different in some way.

That has also had some different effects on my stomach, as a result, so on that end, things have also been different. I've definitely lost weight since being here, though I'm not exactly sure how much because I don't have a scale. But I know that tight shirts when I got here are now pretty comfortable and my pants are drooping. I've been on the last notch in my belt, and finally last night enough was enough and I've had to actually manually put another notch in the belt.

This is the first time I've ever had to do this, and it's kind of a weird thing to do. The hole is tiny and probably will be more of a hassle just to get the metal clasp into and out of, but it was about time I did something. I can't help but think that at some point I might need to get some new pants or a new belt altogether, but for now this old fashioned attempt at correcting the problem will have to do. The problem could be that I have a worm, which is pretty common down here. Or it could be that I'm just dropping a few pounds and it's not the end of the world. Either way, it's a pretty funny thing to have to do.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hello! to those who might want to follow your steps around the world I suggest to start with Rome, and plan your trip on vacation rentals in rome where you will find an accommodation for your budget in the area you like best. book it instantly and enjoy the free internet connection that comes with every hotel room and apartment...ciao