Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Aftermath

In the aftermath of the 10k on Sunday, I've been feeling like a 90 year old man. My entire body feels sore and it's hard to get moving, though once I do start to walk I can make an effort of it. But my legs are done for, and I'm thinking I should have stretched for a bit longer after the race. I feel devoid of energy, and if I had the chance, I'd really rather just stay in bed for a couple of days and sleep.

As a result of the exhaustion, I'm also a bit sick. It started out with my throat being a little sore, and eventually got to feel very sore. Also, my head has been throbbing. This morning was the worst of it, and it felt like I hadn't slept at all last night. So I've been napping as much as I could throughout the day, and I think I actually broke a fever while giving a final exam today. So hopefully I'm getting better.

Now it's just a matter of time until my muscles heal and I can start running again. I'm considering running a 15k in Quito in June, and I'll need to train a bit more for that race. I'm going to be in Quito anyway for a conference, and a few of my friends are planning on running in it. My official time for the 10k was 1 hour and 6 minutes, and I feel that I could improve a lot in the next race. However, judging by how badly my body feels right now, I need to think about whether or not I want to go ahead with it. I'll give updates on what I'm doing with that.

No comments: