Saturday, May 9, 2009

Visitors and Ceviche, YEAH!

I don't even know what I've been up to lately. I think for the last 5 weeks in a row I've had either three or four day weekends, in addition to the "half vacation" I had this week, teaching only one course at night. So I've been sort of bumming around, watching movies and reading. But this weekend got exciting when my friend Ricardo told me that he was going to be visiting from Portoviejo. His ex-girlfriend is visiting him and he was taking her to Cuenca to show her around.

He was supposed to get in on Friday but surprised me on Thursday by showing up early, and though he was only going to stay the night, he wound up staying two. We had a good time catching up, and his ex-girlfriend Angela was really friendly and fun to hang out with too. On Friday we walked around for a few hours enjoying the sun, later on going home to get a good nap in. Our plan was to go out salsa dancing that night and we needed some rest.

Lauren came over later on too, and while hanging out in the basement of my house, we played checkers, had a few drinks, and played, "Would you rather..." The salsa club was fun but we stayed out until closing time, around 3 am, so today I'm feeling pretty tired. Ricardo and Angela have already left, but there's still something to look forward to. Lauren, Jamie, and a few other friends are getting together shortly to make ceviche, one of the traditional dishes of Ecuador. The only problem is that it's traditional to the coast, so I don't get to eat it very often, but I really like it.

We're actually about to meet up to get the supplies and cook it, so I've gotta be leaving. But I'll follow up with how it turns out.

No comments: