Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Back Into Writing, Again

It's hard to say that I stopped writing because I write every day at work and I blog frequently as well. However, the fact remains that in terms of travel writing and getting published, I have taken it easy since getting to Argentina. I just didn't have the time or motivation to pursue prospects or inquiries. But as of just recently I have been contracted by Argentina's Travel Guide to write some articles as a freelancer.

Argentina's Travel Guide is sort of like a Lonely Planet, but different in the sense that it is only online and updated consistently. That's one of the problem with printed guide books, because by the time they hit the presses and get into your hands, a lot of the information has already changed. But a lot of companies have sprung up in the last few years to deal with this issue, and Argentina's Travel Guide is one of those that promises to keep readers up to date.

Anyway, I'll be writing five articles on various topics related to Argentina for the Web site, so it's nice to be getting back into writing. It's just a little bit harder now that I have to do the writing after a long day at work of writing and editing. These articles will be loosely based on my experience in Argentina, and using knowledge I've gained from my job at a travel agency. I'll be sure to post updates when the articles are published.

No comments: